A stream of ants industriously moving with purpose around your house might fascinate the photographer in you but will leave the homemaker worried. Changing season paves the way for these insects to find their own spot in your kitchen, bathroom and the kids’ room. All types of ants and there are several types of them, need food and water especially sweet food. Hence to begin with you must ensure that you take away the attraction from the equation to prevent the ants from coming. Do not overlook even a single ant because if it finds a food source very soon you will see a train of ants the following suit.
How to keep ants at bay
- Keep all food covered and in airtight Keep your counters free of any scraps of food especially those with sweet smells. Always clean your floors after cooking. Using a mixture of vinegar and water to wipe your counters will be very effective in deterring ants from entering your kitchen.
- Keep your sink free of dirty dishes and your trash cans emptied regularly because of these two act like magnets for ants.
- Do not let water accumulate in any corner as moisture is another favorite of ants. Wipe the spills immediately.
- Inspect your doors and windows and seal all the crevices in them as these tiny openings are the usual entry points for ants.
- Eliminate the perpetrators using borax. It will not only repel them but will also kill ants that are brave enough to venture close to the powder.
- And if you don’t like the thought of killing them use salt which has a drying effect on ants. You can also mix some salt in water and leave it for the ants; this too will deter them from coming again.
And when all else fails, call the exterminators like the ant control Glasgow who are trained to locate ant nests and annihilate them completely.