Spring cleaning is a wonderful way to maintain your home and ensure that it remains beautiful and functional for the rest of the year. It is also at this time that many hidden issues come to the forefront. if you have any large debris to get rid of you can engage the service of Waste Management Company in Porterville. So, don your gloves and begin the work:
- Clean the gutters: Remove dead leaves and other debris and gunk from the gutters because clogged gutters not only lead to water stagnation and affect the foundation of the house but are also breeding ground for diseases. Pay special attention to the downspouts.
- Clean Walls: Take a sponge or a brush and mild soap and water and scrub the walls of the kitchen, bathroom, and other areas.
- Service your AC units: For this, you will need to hire the services of a professional. Ensure that all the coils are clean, the gas is up to the mark and the filter is washed and dry. This will improve the performance of the AC and make it more energy efficient too. If need be replaced the filters.
- Clean the Dryer Vent: a lot of lint accumulates in the dryer and this makes the unit less efficient. Switch off the dryer and using a dryer vent machine clean the vent thoroughly.
- Don’t forget the faucets and showerheads: Soak the sprayers, faucets, and showerheads in a basin filled with equal parts of vinegar and water. After an hour you can brush them gently and then rinse with warm water.
- Check the roof: Harsh winter damage the roofs often. Therefore, check for loose shingles or broken tiles and remove all debris from the surrounding drains to allow rainwater to flow without obstruction.
- Go for the new coat of paint: The weather is perfect for painting the exteriors and it is a great way to welcome spring.